Lackluster hair is always caused by some common hair care habits, even including the way of using shampoo. For most kids, they prefer to rub shampoo into scalp and brush hair while it’s still wet. These practices will damage hair root. Parents have more choices today to take care of kids’ hair. There are tons of hair products are designed for kids’ hair, but before buying these hair products for your children, teaching them how to correctly use them is the first step.
Shampoo is one of the essential hair products in your bathroom, which is used for the removal of oils, dirt, skin particles, etc. There are many useful steps that help you kids develop a heath hair care habit when they are ready to start shampooing.
1. Don’t use cold or hot water. Warm water is best for using shampoo.
2. Control the amount of the shampoo. It’s not “the more, the better”. Just pours a quarter-size shampoo in the hand.
3. Guide your kids to wash the scalp rather than the hair. Washing the hair always results in dull and coarse.
4. Rinsing shampoo with warm water as well.
5. Tell your kids don’t rub the hair with a towel that will damage hair, just cover it and let it absorb the water naturally.
6. Don’t hard pull the comb through the hair, because it can pull out hair.
7. For most babies, washing hair once or twice a week is enough, while three times a week is best for toddlers. Preschool boys or girls need more times as their hair gets longer. They can wash hair every day, but do not take hair care products frequently. Not use the shampoo at the beginning of the shower as it could irritate sensitive skin.
Dermatologists give more tips to help kids develop healthy hair care habits.
1. A wide-tooth comb is better than a brush.
2. Avoid harsh cleansers and poor-quality hair products as they have the negative impact on children’s hair growth. For kids with oily hair, shampoo is enough and works best. Try conditioner if your kids with dry hair.
4. Don’t forget to wear a hat to protect hair from the sun when outdoors.
5. Don’t always use heat on the hair, it can damage the hair root.
6. Braids and ponytails are popular hairstyles for most girls, try to loose hair and use covered rubber bands.
7. Try combing more hair forward. For a school girl, a cute bang is a great option to hide the short pieces while they grow.
8. Get hair appropriate hairstyle. Mom or Dad starts looking for various styling methods to make the child’s look best. Keep in mind, pick out the right hairstyle first.
The Difference between Baby Shampoo and Regular
As compared with baby shampoo, adult shampoos come with more chemicals called anionics that can create the rich lather. Of course, most people like the feeling. They can be drying. Therefore, more and more kids hair care products contain it now. They are not harmful. They avoid getting any shampoo in kids’ eyes.